The CWL is hosting a collection weekend on January 16-17th from when people who would like to donate can drop off items at the Parish Hall. I would be grateful if this could be shared with our St. Isidore families.
The church has established a committee of volunteers who are handling various tasks to prepare for the family’s arrival as well as to provide support as they adjust to life in Canada. We are in need of some specific items and help and hoping that some of our families in the school would be willing to assist us.
* Interpreters: the family speaks Arabic; we are looking for volunteers who would be willing to act as translators and interpreters to assist with appointments, explanations and general information.
* Temporary accommodations: for a short term period (1 to 3 weeks) in case the family cannot immediately move into the place they will be renting;
* Storage Space: we hope to find a location that is heated and close to the church to store items donated for the family. Items would include furniture and household items, clothing, etc.
* Employment: part-time or full-time employment for the father, most likely manual labour as we are unsure of his ability to speak and understand English.
* Items for the family, such as furniture, small appliances, books, clothing, bedding etc. Please click here to view a list of items.
If you are able to assist with any of the above, please contact: Lisa Zannese, Parish Rep for St. Isidore school at firstname.lastname@example.org